From: Jerry on
What is a matrix used for?
I have a Soundcraft Series TWO and would like to know more about the matrix
and how I can use it.

From: Denny Strauser on
Jerry wrote:
> What is a matrix used for?
> I have a Soundcraft Series TWO and would like to know more about the matrix
> and how I can use it.

By assigning instrument groups to subgroups, it can be used to send
additional mixes for a number of reasons.
For example, on larger shows, you might have center fill speakers for
audience members sitting front & center. You might want to send only
vocals to those speakers since the instrument amps are already aimed in
their face.
Or you might want to send a live mix to recording machines, which may ou
may not differ from the main mix,
I have used them for center cluster, balcony fill, down-fill & surrounds
for theater shows, or for broadcast feeds.
They give you a flexibility that come in very handy.

- Denny
From: bob urz on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> Jerry wrote:
>> What is a matrix used for?
>> I have a Soundcraft Series TWO and would like to know more about the
>> matrix and how I can use it.
>>
> By assigning instrument groups to subgroups, it can be used to send
> additional mixes for a number of reasons.
> For example, on larger shows, you might have center fill speakers for
> audience members sitting front & center. You might want to send only
> vocals to those speakers since the instrument amps are already aimed in
> their face.
> Or you might want to send a live mix to recording machines, which may ou
> may not differ from the main mix,
> I have used them for center cluster, balcony fill, down-fill & surrounds
> for theater shows, or for broadcast feeds.
> They give you a flexibility that come in very handy.
>

> - Denny

You never know when you might have to send a feed to the Nebuchadnezzar.....

bob
From: Jerry on
thanks guys.

--
Jerry Oja

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 16/02/2010 04:50, in article
wdOdnfJA96FEiOfWnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d(a)posted.srtcommunications, "Jerry"
<star(a)srt.com> wrote:

> thanks guys.

You might also want to look at section 4.14 in the manual. On the Series
Two, it's an 11x2 matrix, with the "11" being the 8 subgroups, and the LCR
master. The "2" is two outputs that you can use for whatever feed/send that
can benefit from a different mix of those subgroups/masters.

(And please don't top-post.)

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

 |  Next  |  Last