From: Don1 on
Is it possible to get a plug in for Movie Maker to edit Media Center recorded
videos. I want to use Movie Maker to remove commercials etc from Recordings
From: John Kelly on
Hello,

Not that I have heard mentioned. If the files are MPeg based such as DVD-VR
then you can edit with no loss of quality using Nero 6. You can get a 30
day trial version from www.nero.com. I use this program to edit out adverts
from my dedicated DVD TV-Satellite recorder and then use the same program
to create a DVD with Chapters multi screen menus etc etc....Pretty Good
Stuff

--
Have A Nice Day.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Check out free video hosting at www.the-kellys.org
----
\|||/
(oo)
----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work
From: James Donnelly [MVP] on

"Don1" I want to use Movie Maker to remove commercials etc from Recordings

Media Center TV is recorded in DVR-MS you are not able to edit it with Nero.
There are a few programs that will do it but they do have some glitches. A
good site to find out about MC and get the program called DVR-Edit (Simple
DVR editing and DVR-MPEG/MPEG-DVR conversion utility) at
http://www.thegreenbutton.com/

Another editing program is http://www.inseattle.org/~dan/Dcut.htm. After
using one of these you can use any DVD burner software to burn the files.

Also you may want to check out the public NG
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter.

Be safe
James Donnelly
MVP MSN Photos
www.msmvps.com/msnvision/
http://spaces.msn.com/members/jdproud/

From: Don1 on
Thanks, after I made the post, I did manage to find on MS site Q/A the same
response, NO, essentially. I will take a look at Nero.

From: Bob [MVP] on
James, you are mistaken. NeroVision Express 3.0, included
is in Nero 6 Ultra DOES allow you to import, edit, & burn
Media Center DVR-MS files (as long as they're not copy
protected, i.e. HBO).

You are also mistaken about DVR-Edit. That does allow you
to edit DVR-MS files, but it does NOT allow you to convert
them to MPEG.

--
-Bob