Next: Media Center
From: slopoke on
i am trying to capture home movies from my sony dvcr using winmm2. i am
connected to my pc using rca jacks into an ati tv card. i have reset
video output settings to 720x480. the first video captured fine. when
trying to capture the second video i get the error message "video device
currently in use" i have no other programs running. strangely if i reset
video output settings to 320x240 it will recognize device and capoture video.
but i would like to use same output settings, 720x480. iam using movie maker
2.1 and have sp2 installed.
i'm stumped.
From: John Kelly on
Hello,

Your problem sounds like a mal configured video or video related driver.

A fairly straight forward approach is...

Download the full DirectX Ver 9 from Microsoft (Do not try to install it
over the Internet
Download the full Windows Media Player Ver 9 or 10
Download or get on a CD Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Download the latest Video driver from the manufacturer of your video
card...it is IMPORTANT that you do not get this from Microsoft or
NVidia....the manufacturer of your card makes changes to how the chipset
works that will not be recognised by the generic drivers from Microsoft etc

I am undecided on which order of install is the best...but this is the way
I normally do it myself...

Reboot the computer first
Install the video driver
Reboot the machine
Install DirectX 9
Reboot the computer again
Install Media Player
Reboot the machine
Install SP2
Reboot one more time.

The rebooting is to help in the process of releasing file locks...some of
which could be wrongly imposed by the OS I realise that the above is
tedious...but it has proved to be of help to many others.

One other note. I recently installed XP on to a machine and because I have
an SP2 disk I installed that next. This instead of doing the Windows Update
and having loads of small updates put on to the machine. The result took me
by surprise....That machine (the one I am using now) runs significantly
faster than it previously did. I then ran the windows update over the net
and got just one update...an update to SP2 !!!

--
Have A Nice Day.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Check out free video hosting at www.the-kellys.org
----
\|||/
(oo)
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work

Pages: 1
Next: Media Center