From: google3luo359 on
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of MP9, it's just that most web
apps need it to run their content.

Before my hd was wiped out I had MP9 installed and running properly.

I've only been able to install MP7.1 so far.

When I try to install MP9 I get a message saying that Win98SE is
required; which is what I have.

Any ideas what I should try next?

TIA Ric

From: Daave on
google3luo359(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of MP9, it's just that most web
> apps need it to run their content.
>
> Before my hd was wiped out I had MP9 installed and running properly.
>
> I've only been able to install MP7.1 so far.
>
> When I try to install MP9 I get a message saying that Win98SE is
> required; which is what I have.
>
> Any ideas what I should try next?

Have you tried Media Player Classic?

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic_for_win98_me.cfm

From: google3luo359 on
Thanks Dave,

> Have you tried Media Player Classic?
>
> http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic_for_win98_me.cfm

I guess now's as good a time as any to learn more about this MPC.

I had the default Media Player from Win 98 installed before installing
MP7.1
Would that have been MPC? I think it was a version 6 or something.

I have MPC stored on a CD but haven't installed it yet.
Is MPC a MSFT app or third party app?

Do most new websites allow MPC to run their videos etc.?

Thanks!

Ric

From: C0mdrData on
Media Player Classic seems to be an improvement of Media Player 6.4. (which
by the way is still on just about every Windows computer...hidden away).
Technically it is version 6.4.8.2

It seems to be able to play everything once the right codec is
installed...mpg, avi, QuickTime...even Real. All without the bloatware of
Windows Media Player 9 or 10.
--

"The human adventure is just beginning"

From: Dee on
"Daave" <dcwashNOSPAM(a)myrealboxXYZ.invalid> wrote in

> google3luo359(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>> Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of MP9, it's just that most web
>> apps need it to run their content.
>>
>> Before my hd was wiped out I had MP9 installed and running properly.
>>
>> I've only been able to install MP7.1 so far.
>>
>> When I try to install MP9 I get a message saying that Win98SE is
>> required; which is what I have.
>>
>> Any ideas what I should try next?
>
> Have you tried Media Player Classic?
>
> http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_pl
> ayer_classic_for_win98_me.cfm

I have Win98 FE. Apparently Media Player 9 won't run on it, but I'm
finding more sites seem to be requiring MP 9 to view their videos. Do you
know if MPC will play MP 9 files?

Thanks, Dee