From: srikanth srikanth on
Hi,
We have generated altera ram ip (RAM: 2-port) from Memory Compiler in
MegaWizard Manager. We are operating in mode Mixed-Port Read-During-
Write as mentioned in aiigx_51003.pdf (pg no:3-18, fig no:3-20). When
we simulate this ram in modelsim the behavior of ram in this mode is
not matching with section 3-20. of aiigx_51003.pdf
The use case in this mode is one port reading and the other port
writing to the same address location with the same clock. We have
chosen option: old data. In old data mode, a read-during-write
operation to different ports causes the RAM outputs to reflect the old
data at that address location. But we are seeing don't care 'X' at the
output in our simulation mode.

Please suggest me to solve this kind of issue.
We are simulating the way it is mentioned in fig no:3-20 of
aiigx_51003.pdf

Regards,
Srikanth