From: Cynanthis on
Hi, I can't seem to get this to work the way it used to. When I try to
upload pictures to a site online, & I begin the process to browse from my
pc, all my files on my pc are mixed around.
Note that I like to view "My Pictures" in thumbnail but "My documents" in
list view. Both in Folders first. Both in alphabetical order.

When I am simply working offline with pictures/folders/documents, everything
is just as I like it and I dont have to adjust anything. So this happens
just when uploading to the web to any sites; using the browse button.

I have tried, when in the upload part, to right click and arrange them by
name or type. It is a temp fix only becuase next time i try to upload, the
files are mixed around again.

Offline, when right clicked and see 'arrange icons by, there is a black dot
(bullet) on my desired choice. But when online & I right click in the browse
to upload pics, the bullet is not shown.
I hope I described my issue correctly. I thank you in advance.....

windows xp home edition sp2

From: glee on
That's the way it works. In Windows Explorer, or in folder windows on
your computer, you can adjust the view settings and make them stick for
different folders. But in a file browsing situation, you are using a
different process that does not save the settings from one time to the
next....it will always open to a default setting ....the List option.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Marcy on

Hi and thanks for your reply.
Why is it then, that when I am on my other computer and try to upload,
everything is in:
1_ folder view first
2- everything is alphabetized
Just like when in windows explorer.
So in short when uploading, my laptop shows scrambled files and folders
while my desktop shows them in the perfect order I like (which is folders
first and alphabetized...........Using the same website.

Do you know why?

From: glee on
Now you are saying something a little different. Before you said some
were in Thumbnail view, some were in List. Now you are talking
specifically about the order (yes I see that you mentioned order earlier
but it seemed secondary to the view type, in my mind when reading it).

One thing that sometimes fixes the order of the File>Open window is to
do this:
Open Windows Explorer (I know, the views are OK there) to a typical
folder that is in alphabetical order and the view type you prefer in the
browse dialog, such as List.
Rearrange something...change to Details view or something and then back
to what you want.
Press the F5 key on the keyboard to refresh the view.
HOLD DOWN the CTRL key on the keyboard while you close the Explorer
window, using the X in the upper right corner to close it.
(Do NOT close it using the File menu).

See if that makes any difference at all. If not, please tell us what
site you are trying to upload to, and someone who uses that site may be
able to look at what process they are using for the upload browse
dialog.

From: Cynanthis on
Hi Glee.
I did what you suggested completely and it seemed to do the trick.
I went to tinypic to do an upload and everything was fine again and in the
order I want it to be.
I tested using both IE and Firefox and it was fine with both.
So, I suppose your 'fix' did the trick.
thanks alot for your help.