From: Larry Larry on
I am using Windows 7. I have seven training documents that are completely
separate Word documents and I want to merge them into one single Word
document. I also want to change the headers for each of the 7 sections to
reflect the subject matter.

Kindly provide some assistance

From: Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com on
Create a next page break at the end of the first document. Press enter twice.
Enter the header for the new section and make sure link to previous is off
for all header types (different first, odd & even pages). Copy the break and
one of the paragraph marks. Place the cursor on the last paragraph mark and
paste. Repeat the last sentence 5 times. Use insert object/file to place
the individual documents in the combined document.

HTH,
Pam

From: Graham Mayor on
If the documents are similarly formatted then see
http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm
If they are not similarly formatted and share style names with different
values the task will not be so simple.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
The first sentence of Pamelia's response should be:

Insert a Next Page Section Break at the end of the first document.

Also, by "Enter the header for the new section", she means "Access the
header for the new section", not "Enter the text for the header... "

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com on