From: quicken help on
I recently changed computers and moved my Money data to Quicken I now
have one checking account with a negative balance that has all of my
data from Money with the historical entries as to check # amount and
to whom,and the same account with current balance connected to bank
but without the historic data. Short of manually inputting each check
as to whom written to is there a way I can merge the daat of both of
these accounts and then delete the old account from my list. I hope
that is clear!
From: John Pollard on
quicken help wrote:
> I recently changed computers and moved my Money data to Quicken I now
> have one checking account with a negative balance that has all of my
> data from Money with the historical entries as to check # amount and
> to whom,and the same account with current balance connected to bank
> but without the historic data. Short of manually inputting each check
> as to whom written to is there a way I can merge the daat of both of
> these accounts and then delete the old account from my list. I hope
> that is clear!

Assuming the two accounts are in the same Quicken file, you can "combine"
their transactions. But the process is a blind process, it will make no
attempt to determine whether any of the transactions in the two accounts
represent the same real-world transaction.

In the FROM account, select all the transactions, as you would select
multiple files in Windows Explorer. Then:

Edit > Transaction > Move

and tell Quicken the name of the TO account.

[Take the time to determine any unwanted effects of transfer transactions
(in some cases, it might be better to do this before doing the MOVE*), and
correct them.]

Delete the FROM account.

[* If problems are expected from moved transfer transactions; the transfer
transactions can temporarily be assigned "dummy", non-transfer,
categories; then re-assigned to the appropriate transfer categories after
the move. Find/Replace can be used for this purpose.]

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help