From: vassilis on
hello everybody,

I have to work with 2 sheets. In the 1st one my data are arranged as follows:

Payment Date Type
15/02/2010 XS
15/02/2010 LS
16/02/2010 XS
.... ...

and in the 2nd sheet:
Task Activity
XS Activity1
XS Activity2
XS Activity3
LS Activity4
LS Activity5
.... ....

and I want to create in a new sheet the following set of data

Payment Date Type Activity
15/02/2010 XS Activity1
15/02/2010 XS Activity2
15/02/2010 XS Activity3
15/02/2010 LS Activity4
15/02/2010 LS Activity5
16/02/2010 XS Activity1
16/02/2010 XS Activity2
16/02/2010 XS Activity3
..... ... ...

I tried several combinations between offset, match, countif but nothing is
working. I would appreciate any help

thank you

vassilis
From: Dennis Tucker on
What rules apply? How do the records on the 1st sheet associate with the
2nd sheet?

Or how do you know which date goes where on the 2nd sheet?

Dennis

From: vassilis on
thank you for your question...

the common key in the two sheets is the "type", i.e. XS, LS, etc. I named it
in the 2nd sheet as "task" but actually is the same as type. So in the 1st
sheet you have the payment date and the type of the financial instrument and
in the 2nd you have the activities associated with each type of instrument.

so the new table should be composed of the two tables. for example the 1st 3
rows of the new table refer to the 1st payment on 15/2/2010 which is
presented 3 times as "XS" has 3 different activities

please come back to me if it is still not clear,

much appreciated

From: Dennis Tucker on
Does each payment date with the TYPE(XS) get Activity1, Activity2 and
Activity3?

Does each payment date with the TYPE(LS) get Activity4 and Activity5?

From: Dennis Tucker on
Also, would it be better to list these things like this...

15/02/2010 XS Activity1 Activity2 Activity3
15/02/2010 LS Activity4 Activity5
16/02/2010 XS Activity1 Activity2 Activity3

Are these dates in DD/MM/YYY format?

Pages: 1 2
Prev: left/right or center ?
Next: Macro question