From: Steve on
I have days off in the P column in this format: Sat/Sun
I'm using them in another column in this format SatSun, so I'm using this
formula:
=LEFT(P21,3)&RIGHT(P21,3), which produces SatSun
However, I have some days off that just have Sun, which produces SunSun.
How can the formula be writen to produce SatSun when two days are showing,
and only Sun when one day is showing ?

Thanks,

Steve
From: Fred Smith on
Use Substitute, as in:
=Substitute(P21,"/","")

Regards,
Fred

From: Glenn on
Steve wrote:
> I have days off in the P column in this format: Sat/Sun
> I'm using them in another column in this format SatSun, so I'm using this
> formula:
> =LEFT(P21,3)&RIGHT(P21,3), which produces SatSun
> However, I have some days off that just have Sun, which produces SunSun.
> How can the formula be writen to produce SatSun when two days are showing,
> and only Sun when one day is showing ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

=IF(LEN(P21)=7,LEFT(P21,3)&RIGHT(P21,3),P21)
From: Glenn on
Yes, much better!

From: ker_01 on
=if(len(P21)>3,LEFT(P21,3)&RIGHT(P21,3),P21)

Assumes that cell P21 has nothing in it but either Sat, Sun, or Sat...Sun

HTH,
Keith