From: AR on
Hmmm... seems like i may have confused some people or maybe I am confused
myself ... let me try to explain again ...

I have a T-mobile SIM and am using an unlocked O2 handset (bought recently).
On Friday I checked my T-Mobile credit and it had ?2 left. Over the weekend,
I kept receiving messages on the T-Mobile phone which read:

The message has been delivered to 0207 744 0800
Sender: 07953966066

I didn't make any calls or send any text messages during the weekend (so I
should still have ?2 credit left on my T-Mobile phone), but when I tried to
make a call on Sunday evening, I was told I had no credit on my mobile
phone. I had received about 10 messages all exactly the same as that
detailed above.

I have NOT sent any messages to that landline number and not made any calls,
so I cannot understand where my ?2 credit went or why I kept getting those
text messages - I assumed I was getting charged for the unwanted text
messages.

Whilst at the office today, I called 07953966066 and it stated that there
were 3 messages for me. None of the messages were for me or even really
understandable - they just seemed like words thrown together (as in spam
email message headers).

So, firstly I just want to find out what is eating my credit on my T-Mobile
phone even when I do not use it - I can contact T-Mobile about this.
Secondly, I want to find out why I am getting the above messages even though
I haven't sent any text messages.
Finally, I cannot understand how the 07953966066 service knew who I was
(maybe it didn't and it just recognised the number I happened to be calling
from) ?

Thanks for all the suggestions ... I have't topped up my T-Mobile account as
I do not want to lose any more credit until I find out what is going on ...

AR

From: Martin Jay on
In message <44845a54$1_1(a)glkas0286.greenlnk.net>, AR
<as.riaz@[-AT-].invalid> writes
>Hmmm... seems like i may have confused some people or maybe I am confused
>myself ... let me try to explain again ...
>
>I have a T-mobile SIM and am using an unlocked O2 handset (bought recently).
>On Friday I checked my T-Mobile credit and it had ?2 left. Over the weekend,
>I kept receiving messages on the T-Mobile phone which read:
>
>The message has been delivered to 0207 744 0800
>Sender: 07953966066
>
>I didn't make any calls or send any text messages during the weekend (so I
>should still have ?2 credit left on my T-Mobile phone), but when I tried to
>make a call on Sunday evening, I was told I had no credit on my mobile
>phone. I had received about 10 messages all exactly the same as that
>detailed above.

Have you registered at <http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/>? If you have you
will be able to see details of the last 100 text messages and phone
calls you've made.

You can get some more information about the number by visiting
<http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/> and entering it in the search box.

And also here:
<http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/vt.php?t=333&postdays=0&postorder=desc&subj
=complaints++SMS+Spam+(General)+complaint&start=100>, which contains:

"07953966066 Text of (text):- "your text message has been delivered to
01*********" (home phone number). and message on the answer machine
states if we want to repeat the message to ring 07953 966066

This is a new one (i think) and delivers blank voice mails to our answer
machine, this not only "clogs up" the machine, BUT my wife`s mobile is
charged for every one."
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877