From: Murmansk69 on
I got an automated message on my landline voicemail from 07953966066
asking me to ring the same number.

I this some sort of scam??

From: C. SeƱor on
"Murmansk69" <stainburn(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I got an automated message on my landline voicemail from 07953966066
> asking me to ring the same number.
>
> I this some sort of scam??

Dunno. I phoned it and asked me to text my name to a number. A Google
search shows it has something to do with T=Mobile, not sure what though.

From: AR on
"Murmansk69" <stainburn(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I got an automated message on my landline voicemail from 07953966066
>asking me to ring the same number.
> I this some sort of scam??

I just bought a Nokia 6020 which was on O2 but I am using it on T-Mobile. I
keep getting 'message sent' receipts which read "The message has been
delivered to 0207 744 0800. Sender:07953966066". I had about ?2 credit on
the PAYG SIM and now it is all used up and I got a message saying something
like message cannot be sent due to insufficient funds ... so it seems like
the messages are using credit on my PAYG SIM ....

BTW, I called the 07963966066 number and it said I had 3 messages - I listed
to them and they didn't seem to make sense i.e. sounded like a buch of words
thrown together... I'm worried about topping up the mobile in case it uses
the credit up again ... Is it possible that the Nokia 6020 software has a
problem/bug/virus or is it a T-Mobile problem ?

Thanks

From: AR on
"AR" <as.riaz[-AT-]baesystems[-DOT-]com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Nokia 6020 which was on O2 but I am using it on T-Mobile.
> I keep getting 'message sent' receipts which read "The message has been
> delivered to 0207 744 0800. Sender:07953966066". I had about ?2 credit on
> the PAYG SIM and now it is all used up and I got a message saying
> something like message cannot be sent due to insufficient funds ... so it
> seems like the messages are using credit on my PAYG SIM ....
>
> BTW, I called the 07953966066 number and it said I had 3 messages - I
> listed to them and they didn't seem to make sense i.e. sounded like a buch
> of words thrown together... I'm worried about topping up the mobile in
> case it uses the credit up again ... Is it possible that the Nokia 6020
> software has a problem/bug/virus or is it a T-Mobile problem ?

Just one more point ... I called the 07953966066 number from a landline (not
at home) and it said I had 3 messages ... how did it know the messages were
for me ?

From: Nick Castle on

AR wrote:

> Hmmm ... not sure I understand ... I received the message on my T-Mobile
> phone ... I called the 0795366066 number from the office (not home phone) -
> so how did the automated system know the messages were for me ?

They wern't. The system uses the CLI from the number you are calling
*from* to see if the messages are for you so if you call from a fixed
phone you won't get the messages left for your mobile number.

I cannot understand though why the system has rung a mobile number, you
should have just got the text through as normal on your mobile.

> caller id is scrambled when dialing out from the office phone so the person
> you are calling does not know the exact number you are calling from ...

Tel co's know the orignating CLI even if it is withheld.

> Also, do I call T-mobile to cancel the alerts ?

No you need to ring the 07953 number from the phone you wish to cancel
the alerts on and follow the instrctions.

Nick

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: BT Line fault?