From: maxascent on
Is it possible to interface DDR2 memory to a Microblaze processor by not
using the MPMC. I have my own DDR controller that I want to use.

Cheers

Jon

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Jon Beniston on
On 2 Apr, 19:57, "maxascent"
<maxascent(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Is it possible to interface DDR2 memory to a Microblaze processor by not
> using the MPMC. I have my own DDR controller that I want to use.

Yes - but you might need to write CoreConnect PLB Interface to sit
between the two.

Jon
From: John McCaskill on
On Apr 17, 9:48 am, "maxascent"
<maxascent(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am trying to integrate my own DDR2 controller into a Microblaze
> processor. I have created a board support package file with the ports
> defined and have added an IOTYPE attribute of XIL_MEMORY_V1. However when I
> run the bsb it thinks that I want to use the Xilinx MPMC. Maybe I shouldnt
> be adding this attribute, but I need EDK to know that this is a memory
> controller so that it will let me change the memory type in the generate
> linker script dialog.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jon
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

You do not need to specify the IOTYPE as XIL_MEMORY_V1. I set it to
something else in our XBD file.

In the MPD file for your memory controller, you want to add:

OPTION IP_GROUP = Memory Controller

See psf_rm.pdf in the doc directory of the EDK install for more
information on its syntax.

Regards,

John McCaskill
www.FasterTechnology.com
From: maxascent on
Thanks John that worked although I had to add ADDR_TYPE = MEMORY to the
C_BASEADDR and C_HIGHADDR parameters.

Jon

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com