From: Spamlet on
Yes but it won't show as a template unless it ends in .xlt as you will find
if you right click on the other templates (Actually named links to the real
template files) in Excel 'New' and look at their properties sheets. If you
want to make doubly sure open it and just 'save as' 'template'.

From: VanguardLH on
Danny wrote:

> Sorry I don't see much discussion going on at Office community so pardon me
> for posting it here. I downloaded a template from office download center for
> excel.
> I saved the template in "c: program files>Microsoft Office>templates>1033"
> where other templates are. I tried opening it from excel by
> "File>New>template on my computer.." but don't see my newly added one. Please
> help.
> Danny

Stop using Microsoft pretend forums (aka "Communities") that gateway to
Usenet. Use a newsreader client to connect to an NNTP server or suffer
with Microsoft's inane web-based Answer forums. The Excel newsgroups
still exist in Usenet. It's just Microsoft that decided to abandon
their 4-year experiment in trying to usurp the 30-year old Usenet.

Here is Microsoft's "spin" on their excuse for leaving Usenet:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Microsoft had just one NNTP server in the worldwide mesh network of
Usenet. There are several free or very cheap NNTP servers available and
all the microsoft.public.* newsgroups are still going to exist in Usenet
despite Microsoft's leaving. Albasani and Eternal-September are a
couple of very good free NNTP providers. individual.net is cheap at $16
USD/year and operated at the Berlin University. Your own ISP might
still provide newsgroups access although many ISPs have dropped this
service (it generated no revenue, cost them to operate or provide the
service, and they lost no customers by removing this service).