From: Danny on
Sorry I don't see much discussion going on at Office community so pardon me
for posting it here. I downloaded a template from office download center for
excel.
I saved the template in "c: program files>Microsoft Office>templates>1033"
where other templates are. I tried opening it from excel by
"File>New>template on my computer.." but don't see my newly added one. Please
help.
Danny
From: Spamlet on

"Danny" <Danny(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I don't see much discussion going on at Office community so pardon
> me
> for posting it here. I downloaded a template from office download center
> for
> excel.
> I saved the template in "c: program files>Microsoft Office>templates>1033"
> where other templates are. I tried opening it from excel by
> "File>New>template on my computer.." but don't see my newly added one.
> Please
> help.
> Danny

Does its name end in .xlt ?

From: Danny on
I renamed it and in properties, it has excel as the default program set to
open it. It does open and works well when I open it from my computer>etc....
I want to see it in the list of other templates in excel. and the location
of other templates is the same as the one i have saved my new one in.

From: Bob I on
How to Create a Spreadsheet Template in Excel
http://www.ehow.com/how_13117_create-spreadsheet-template.html