From: Caroline on
This update will not install. I get the error message: Error Code: 0x643. I
thought maybe I had to uninstall NET Framework 3.0, but it is not listed in
Add or Remove Programs. Any ideas as what to do next?
Thanks
From: MotorHome429 on

From: MotorHome429 on
I am suffering the exact same problem.CAN ANYONE help. Microsoft are IGNORING
my Questions.

From: David Kretchmer David on

"Caroline" wrote:

> This update will not install. I get the error message: Error Code: 0x643. I
> thought maybe I had to uninstall NET Framework 3.0, but it is not listed in
> Add or Remove Programs. Any ideas as what to do next?
> Thanks

I have an Identical problem. .NET Framework 3.0 bombs out with an
"Installation Failure - Error Code: 0x643. "

Infact I'm here looking for possible solutions! :)

I'm glad to see that this isn't unique to my PC... I do however need 3.0
Framework for work ... Hope someone can come up with a solution for this
problem.

--
Regards
Dave

From: David Kretchmer on

"Duffy" wrote:

> When I try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416) on one of
> my boxes I get Error Code: 0x643. It has not failed on any of my other boxes.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Duffy

Yes, suggested above by D(a)ny. I just got it to install properly on the box
which was throwing the 643 error.

a) Download the redistributable .NET 3.0 package from :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10cc340b-f857-4a14-83f5-25634c3bf043&DisplayLang=en

b) Quit out of MSIE and run the installer.

c) Exclaim 'Happy Happy Joy Joy!" when Framework installs without problems. :)

--
Regards,
Dave

Pages: 1