From: vacavfan on
I had the same problem on two brand new Lenovo PC's. Theyboth came with
Office 2007 trial installed. I removed office components that were installed
with the trial and the problem went away. Perhaps the best solution is to
remove all old office before installing 2010

From: Pearly on
Yeah I had the trial on my laptop but did not run it. Guess 2007 was
partially installed.

Since I ran 2010, guess its now impossible to remove its partial components.
Guess I will have to ignore it.

Found a MS tool that cleans up office components but it is not applicable to
win 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us

"vacavfan" wrote:

> I had the same problem on two brand new Lenovo PC's. Theyboth came with
> Office 2007 trial installed. I removed office components that were installed
> with the trial and the problem went away. Perhaps the best solution is to
> remove all old office before installing 2010
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > Pearly wrote:
> > > Sorry to hijack but I have the same problem.
> > > I bought the lenovo laptop last month and it did not come with
> > > office. I installed 2010 professional retail version and was asked
> > > to update powerpoint 2007.
> > >
> > > However it always fails. Please help.
> >
> > Uninstall PowerPoint Viewer.
> >
> > --