From: Tafioca on
I have an issue with opening my Outlook - can any one provide a solution?

I have tried detect and repair options but the following series of error
messages continue to appear. Irrespective of opening in Safe Mode or not.

The extension configuration file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\ADDINS\msspc.ecf" cannot be installed. There is an error in
the syntax or format of the file. Error in configuration file "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ADDINS\msspc.ecf". Comes up twice when OK is
clicked. Then Error appears - The file CRYPT32.dll is in compatible with
Microsoft Office Outlook. Install Outlook again.
Tried that option several times without success and have sent numerous
reports of the problem to Windows.
Thank you in appreciation of your responses.
From: Gordon on

"Tafioca" <Tafioca(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The extension configuration file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\Office12\ADDINS\msspc.ecf" cannot be installed.

There is your clue. Look for the add-in in Outlook that refers to that file
and remove it.
If in doubt, disable ALL add-ins and re-enable them one by one until you
find the culprit...

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Start Outlook with the /safe switch and then follow the directions that
Gordon posted.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Tafioca asked: