From: marcuf95 on

Microsoft just issued a new hotfix that fixed the problem for me.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us

--
marcuf95
marcuf95's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/151328.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: BHarper on
This is completely ridiculous. I posted on 8/5 and shortly thereafter saw
something that suggested to uninstall the Publisher security update. I do a
monthly newsletter and uninstalling the update worked three months in a row.
Now nothing! I emailed it to my laptop, which runs on Vista. It opened, but
it was a version from April, even though it was updated and saved in October.
!!??!!

I have tried installing two different hotfixes (KB972566 and 976177) and
maybe even a third mentioned somewhere else. I tried the registry fix as
well. My only guess is that it's the SP2 update, although I can't explain
why it worked before when I probably had the update installed back in August.
Nor can I explain why less sophisticated and smaller Publisher files still
open fine.

I tried the SP2 uninstall download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=b97e6ecf-8da5-455d-b3bb-8ff2223f97c4&displaylang=en

Way over my head. Why do I need to be an engineer (or an 'administrator' as
Microsoft calls it) to run software I paid $450 for?

Thoughts, anyone?

From: Bob I on
Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher:
"Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890