From: nntp on
Date 5/4/2010
Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.

Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by facilitating discussions in a clean space.

We understand that some newsgroups are still active, and important to the community. In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out tools and resources to minimize disruption to the community discussions.

We are working diligently on providing additional resources and information in local languages later this week. In the meantime, please refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning this issue. The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in additional languages in the next few days.

From: Hot-text on
GOOD BYE microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

John Inzer and PapaJohn you guys always give out good and right InFo
looking forward in see you guys in the forums!

From: John Inzer on
Hot-text wrote:
> GOOD BYE microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker
>
> John Inzer and PapaJohn you guys always give out good and right InFo
> looking forward in see you guys in the forums!
End of an era I guess...looks like online forums will be
the future.

Yes...along with PapaJohn and others I have been
spending quite a bit of time at Microsoft Answers.

Lots of unanswered questions in the forums...volunteers
are needed.

PapaJohn also contributes lots of articles to Bright Hub.

PapaJohn's Hub Folio
http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/papajohn.aspx

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: PapaJohn on
Thanks.... as John says, we're already at the new forums. My main website
page has links to Microsoft Answers for classic versions of Movie Maker and
the Windows Live Solution Center for WLMM.

As with most changes there are steps forward and backwards.... I don't yet
know the net result. I still use Outlook Express and MM2.1 on an XP system
for reading newsgroups and making movies....

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org