From: mpdd on
OK thanks, this site lists lots of useful information.

I was also after something like this group -- windowsxp.general but
maybe it is too early for it.

Anyway, the site you pointed me to will work just fine!

Thanks

From: Student on

> I want to hear user comments and learn suggestions.

Here is my experience

One of my friends computer had a hack and the MSE picked it up!

Once he removed the hack windows xp became non functional.

Now for the legitimate xp computers.

I have installed in on 6 computer including windows 7 my home computer.

I removed Avast from all these computers. Defender was also removed.

After about 3 months there was one infection in my a family members computer.

I believe that I had set up the program to scan only when the computer is on but
NOT in use. I have changed the setting to scan even when the computer is in use.

The program is getting better with time as the database is increasing.

ES

From: mpdd on
Thanks, please keep me posted. I am thinking of seriously switching and
this type of feedback really helps.

mb

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:10:36 -0500, mpdd <mpddberry(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK thanks, this site lists lots of useful information.
>
> I was also after something like this group -- windowsxp.general but
> maybe it is too early for it.

Probably not. It is unlikely that there will be any newsgroups.
Unfortunately Microsoft is moving away from newsgroups and instead
toward web-based forums. That's a mistake in my view, but it's their
choice, not mine.

> Anyway, the site you pointed me to will work just fine!
>
> Thanks
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> > Microsoft Security Essentials Forums (only; no newsgroups)
> > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: StephenB on
It's been out of beta since September, 2009.

The official MSE forums are here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse

-steve

--