From: Justin Doh on
I am getting this error on my website.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
Subscript out of range: '[number: 3]'

C:\CONTENT\../redboard/outlogin.asp, line 195

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Justin
From: W C Hull on
Well, usually it means just what it says. Typically this occurs when you
are attempting to acquire a varible from an array and the array doesn't
contain the required number of elements. Heres an example.... say you have
a varible (i.e. Fruit) of an ARRAY type that has 3 elements (i.e. Apples,
Oranges, Peaches in that order). If you want apples you would specify
Fruit(0). If you want Peaches you would specify Fruit(2). If you specify
Fruit(3) you will get the subscript out of range because there are only 3
elements in the array and arrays always start with Zero as the first
element. Note that I think you can get the same type error if you don't
know that the varible in question is an array and don't specify the index
value for it. For example, if you think that Fruit is a simple string
variable containing the String "apples" and Fruit is really an array with 3
elements as noted above you would get the same type of error if you tired to
use Fruit like TodaysFruit = Fruit

From: "Michael Harris (MVP)" <mikhar at mvps dot on
Justin Doh wrote:
> I am getting this error on my website.
>
> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
> Subscript out of range: '[number: 3]'
>
> C:\CONTENT\../redboard/outlogin.asp, line 195
>
> Any comment would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Justin

VBScript arrays (are COM SAFEARRAYs and) use 0 based indexing.

Dim myArray(2) ' 3 element array
Dim i
for i=0 to 2 'better: to ubound(myArray)
myArray(i) = "element" & i
next
for i=0 to 2 'better: to ubound(myArray)
wscript.echo myArray(i)
next

--
Michael Harris