From: Ken Nguyen on
hello,
I have a web application server host on Server 2003, after I tried to run
the IIS6 Migration Tool to move the website to a new Server 2003 server, I
can log on to the website, and do certain things. However, on some screen,
at first it appears ok and then for a split second it comes up with the error
below:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

ActiveX component can't create object: 'WCExceptionMgmt.cWCExceptionMgmt'

C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\WEBCARE\INCLUDEFILES\SERVER\EXCEPTIONMGMT\../../../../WebCARETools/ErrorHandling/incExceptionHandler.asp, line 63

I tried to check the DLL between the old server and they seem to be ok.
I can't figure out why. I really appreciate your guys help here.
Ken
From: Paul Walsh on
Try checking the following:

1. Check the NTFS Permissions on %Program Files%\Common Files\System. (You
could try running FileMon from www.sysinternals.com to check if you are
receiving failures). I think the Everyone group needs at least Read Access on
this folder.

2. Ensure your virtual directory has at least Script permissions within IIS
Manager.

3. Your folder hasn't been created as an Application within IIS Manager.

Paul Walsh

From: Ken Nguyen on
Thanks Paul for quick replying.
I checked ntfs permission and everyone group has access to almost everything
now for troubleshooting purpose.
I also make sure that all virtual directories have script permission.
on the last item, I did not create the virtual directories, they came from
the source server. Everything is working fine on the source server.
thanks.