From: Sean Stromberg on
I have a Windows 2003 Server Web Edition I just setup and it is now having
problems browsing itself on the internal networks. My server is behind a
firewall on the 10.0.0.x network. It's specific IP is 10.0.0.6. When I
browse from outside the firewall, going through the firewall and hitting
10.0.0.6 it works great. When I browse from the machine itself at 10.0.0.6
or 127.0.0.1 I receive an error on the server.

I ran WFetch on the address and I receive the following error 0x2749 (A
request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not
connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no
address was supplied.): connect()

This all seemed to break after I installed Apache Tomcat with the Jakarta
ISAPI filter (which is needed for one thing on my server). I have tried
removing Tomcat and Jakarta and it does not resolve the issue.

How in the heck do you troubleshoot something like this? Does anyone have
any idea where the problem may be?

Thanks,
Sean

From: Bernard Cheah [MVP] on
Really? how about http://localhost/

what do you see in IE? page can't be display ?
is IIS listening to port 80 ? what port is your firewall forward to the
request to 10.0.0.6 ?

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah