From: Nico Kadel-Garcia on
I've been working from a home/gaming desktop, and running RHEL 4 and 5
under Microsoft Virtual PC. This is the fastest i386 environment I
have to work with right now, so it's handy.

Not so handy is the adventures to get it installed, and to deal with
the clocks. In particular, I'm noticing really serious clock issues
with the RHEL 5 environment, where at some times the clock seems to be
running ridiculously fast, and other times ridiculously slow. I've
found numerous bits of advice, most of which are out of date, but
include things like:

* setting the boot options to include "clock=pit", "noapic", and
"nolapic".

Is anyone else working with this, and has a decent fix?