From: bfarcasanu on
Hi,

I call MiniDumpWriteDump in an exception filter, in a crashed process
(but in another thread, not it the thread that crashed). Sometimes it
fails, creating corrupt dumps (not empty, but unrecognizable by VC++
and windbg) and when this happens GetLastError() returns 0x8007012B
(Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
completed.).

Any idea what it means, and why it is happening?

Thanks alot!
From: Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna on
What kind of exception happens in exception filter?

--
Volodymyr, blog: http://www.shcherbyna.com/
(This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

From: bfarcasanu on
On Jun 28, 11:47 am, "Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna"
<v_scherb...(a)online.mvps.org> wrote:
> What kind of exception happens in exception filter?
>
> --
> Volodymyr, blog:http://www.shcherbyna.com/
> (This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights)
>
> <bfarcas...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I call MiniDumpWriteDump in an exception filter, in a crashed process
> > (but in another thread, not it the thread that crashed). Sometimes it
> > fails, creating corrupt dumps (not empty, but unrecognizable by VC++
> > and windbg) and when this happens GetLastError() returns 0x8007012B
> > (Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was
> > completed.).
>
> > Any idea what it means, and why it is happening?
>
> > Thanks alot!- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, I have no idea, the dump is corrupted and cannot be loaded in
Visual Studio.
From: Volodymyr M. Shcherbyna on
Can you give us the access to this dump file?