From: vvkd on
On application startup save foreground window.
At the end of the OnInitDialog set saved window as foreground.

PS. IMHO using dialog as a hidden window is not a really good idea.

vishal.g.sha wrote:

Minimizing an Dialog based application in Windows Mobile 5.0
28-May-08

hi all ,
i want to minimize an dialog based application in pocket
pc .
i tried using showwindow(sw_minimize) but it does not work is there
any other api to achieve the same .

On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:12 AM
vishal.g.sha wrote:

Minimizing an Dialog based application in Windows Mobile 5.0
hi all ,
i want to minimize an dialog based application in pocket
pc .
i tried using showwindow(sw_minimize) but it does not work is there
any other api to achieve the same .

On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:58 AM
r_z_are wrote:

Re: Minimizing an Dialog based application in Windows Mobile 5.0
On Tue, 27 May 2008 20:28:04 -0700 (PDT), "vishal.g.shah(a)gmail.com"
<vishal.g.shah(a)gmail.com> wrote:

When I look up ShowWindow in the MSDN that came with my copies of eVC,
I notice SW_MINIMIZE is not listed as an option. So I'm not surprised
it failed. I'm pretty sure Windows CE has no concept for "minimize".
So I think we should step back and find out why you think you need to
minimize a dialog box.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com

On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:48 PM
Michael Salamone wrote:

Right - minimize not supported on WinCE. Use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE).
Right - minimize not supported on WinCE. Use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE). Might
also be ableo to use SetWindowPos to move your window to the bottom of the
Z-order.

--
Michael Salamone, eMVP
Entrek Software, Inc.

<r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:28 AM
vishal.g.sha wrote:

Thanks a lot Michael SetWindowPos workedSetWindowPos( NULL, -1000, -1000, 0,
Thanks a lot Michael SetWindowPos worked

SetWindowPos( NULL, -1000, -1000, 0, 0,
SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE );
=2E....

wrote:
ght

On Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:44 PM
Daqi Pei wrote:

I've come to this before.
I've come to this before. The problem of this solution is, though the
main window is hidden, the small OK button at top-right is still there,
making it confusing for the user. I wonder if there's a way to solve this?

--
Daqi Pei

vishal.g.shah(a)gmail.com wrote:

On Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:29 PM
Michael Salamone wrote:

Well, I suggested changing the z-order, but the OP moved the window off the
Well, I suggested changing the z-order, but the OP moved the window off the
screen. So if that's what you did, then yes, you should still see the OK
button for the window. I also suggested ShowWindow(SW_HIDE). The doc for
that says that it will hide the window and activate another. It's not clear
to me if SetWindowPos will activate another window. If it does great but if
not, then try ShowWindow.

Move the window to the bottom of the z-order like this: SetWindowPos(hWnd,
HWND_BOTTOM, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE);

I'm not sure if that will move it below the shell. I think not, but if it
does then you'd definitely also want to call ShowWindow(SW_HIDE).

--
Michael Salamone, eMVP
Entrek Software, Inc.

"Daqi Pei" <me(a)peidaqi.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:58 PM
r_z_are wrote:

Re: Minimizing an Dialog based application in Windows Mobile 5.0
On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:44:49 -0500, Daqi Pei <me(a)peidaqi.com> wrote:

When a window is minimized on a desktop, the windows stops being
visible, but it's icon (in the task bar) remains visible. So users
have a quick way to restore the window. Neither mechanism exists on a
Pocket PC. So I again ask: what are you trying to do that you think
minimizing is the answer?

I regularly hide windows in my apps, and then show them as
appropriate. Perhaps in response to a direct "request" from the user
or the result of program logic.

When a user switches to another app, the app that was running is
hidden. The best method I know to bring back an app hidden this way is
to let the user "restart" the user, but have the app really show the
existing instance. This is done by making sure each app runs as a
single, unique, instance. Solutions to this problem are posted rather
often; look for posts with CreateMutex and FindWindow.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:55 PM
Daqi Pei wrote:

Well, how about want the user to look at the Today Screen.
Well, how about want the user to look at the Today Screen. Sounds like a
possible reason?

--
Daqi

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:23 PM
Scott Seligman wrote:

Re: Minimizing an Dialog based application in Windows Mobile 5.0
Daqi Pei <me(a)peidaqi.com> wrote:

If you want the user to see the Today Screen, then bring it to the
foreground:

SetForegroundWindow(FindWindow(
_T("DesktopExplorerWindow"), _T("Desktop")));

--
--------- Scott Seligman <scott at <firstname> and michelle dot net> ---------
The beginning is the most important part of the work.

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .Net Tips and Tricks No. 26
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8e390106-20d1-4b2b-be30-cde5d852348d/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx