From: Gary B. Berns on
After all these years did Intuit finally drop the entry music for
Q2010? Mine is silent as it loads.
Gary
..
From: Bob Wang on
No sound on my Q2010 either.
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Gary.

Ever since Windows 2000, we've been having this problem with each new
edition of Quicken. I don't yet have Q2010, so maybe it's different this
year. I expect to get Q2010 in the next few days.

In the meantime, you can search the archives here for one of the MANY times
that I've posted my QSounds.reg file (sometimes with the extension changed
to .txt so that it won't accidentally get merged into the Registry
prematurely). This simple text file puts the Quicken settings into the
Registry at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken

EUREKA! I have found it! ;<)

In cleaning out some archives here last week, I came across the original
source of this information and I'm happy to be able to finally give credit
where it is due! The following is a copy'n'paste from my Reply on March 13,
2002, to Burke Mamlin, who had posted this in the thread, "Quicken sounds in
Windows XP/2000/NT". I have not seen Burke Mamlin in this newsgroup before
or since that thread, but we all owe him a debt of gratitude for that file.

MY version is modified to fit MY system - but after a quick glance at the
original, I think it will work better for most users. I've pasted it -
unedited - below, along with Burke's explanation. Remember that this is
over 7 years old, and I have not had time to review it completely. So try
it - cautiously - and let us know how it works for you, Gary.

<paste>
"Burke Mamlin" <bmamlin(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> that my registry settings for WinXP Professional and Quicken 2001
> Deluxe will apply to your system...so the five steps above are safer.
>
> If your Quicken is installed under "C:\Program Files\Quicken", you can
> try copying the text between the dashed lines into a file called
> quickensounds.reg
> and then double-click the file to load your registry with the
> necessary Quicken sound links (the five steps above are safer and more
> likely to keep you out of trouble)
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar Item]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar
> Item\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qabitem.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar
> Item\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qabitem.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar Menu]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar
> Menu\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qabmenu.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Activity Bar
> Menu\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qabmenu.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Click]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Click\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qclick.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Click\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qclick.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Delete]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Delete\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qdelete.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Delete\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qdelete.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Memorize]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Memorize\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qmem.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Memorize\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qmem.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Open Program]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Open
> Program\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qopen.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Open
> Program\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qopen.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Record]
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Record\.Current]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qrecord.wav"
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Record\.Default]
> @="c:\\program files\\quicken\\sounds\\qrecord.wav"
>
> I hope a few people out there wishing that Quicken still was making

</paste>

I have to go out now, but I'll have another look at this in a day or two.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: Gary B. Berns on
The registry entry the message says to export and copy contains no
values. Exporting it didn't do anything. When I tried the cut and
paste method, deleting the leading >>, on double clicking the file I
got the message that it was not a reg file and only binary files were
accepted.

Gary
Gary
..
From: Renny Bosch on

> The registry entry the message says to export and copy contains no
> values. Exporting it didn't do anything. When I tried the cut and
> paste method, deleting the leading >>, on double clicking the file I
> got the message that it was not a reg file and only binary files were
> accepted.
>
> Gary
> Gary
> .

Were you logged in as the user who DOES have sound?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Upgrade problem
Next: LA MEJOR INVERSION