From: John McWilliams on
Photographers seeing _Human_Target_ may have noticed a very fine
technology that takes a completely pixillated image, in a reflection no
less- and fills in incredible detail that wasn't at all available in the
first place.... At the same time, their computers whir as they did last
decade, but no reels....

--
john mcwilliams
From: J. Clarke on
On 3/5/2010 12:23 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
> Photographers seeing _Human_Target_ may have noticed a very fine
> technology that takes a completely pixillated image, in a reflection no
> less- and fills in incredible detail that wasn't at all available in the
> first place.... At the same time, their computers whir as they did last
> decade, but no reels....

You see that all the time on CSI and its various spinoffs and clones.

From: John McWilliams on
J. Clarke wrote:
> On 3/5/2010 12:23 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
>> Photographers seeing _Human_Target_ may have noticed a very fine
>> technology that takes a completely pixillated image, in a reflection no
>> less- and fills in incredible detail that wasn't at all available in the
>> first place.... At the same time, their computers whir as they did last
>> decade, but no reels....
>
> You see that all the time on CSI and its various spinoffs and clones.

Yes, and I have seen the same phenom there, but this was as if you took
a 200 x 300 image and gave it the resolution of a 2000 x 3000 - oh,
hell, not even that, as there really was no detail to work with. Maybe
it's not a quantum leap beyond the CSI stuff.

I particularly liked the juxtaposition of the whirring computers,
though.....

--
john mcwilliams
From: J. Clarke on
On 3/5/2010 2:56 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
> J. Clarke wrote:
>> On 3/5/2010 12:23 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
>>> Photographers seeing _Human_Target_ may have noticed a very fine
>>> technology that takes a completely pixillated image, in a reflection no
>>> less- and fills in incredible detail that wasn't at all available in the
>>> first place.... At the same time, their computers whir as they did last
>>> decade, but no reels....
>>
>> You see that all the time on CSI and its various spinoffs and clones.
>
> Yes, and I have seen the same phenom there, but this was as if you took
> a 200 x 300 image and gave it the resolution of a 2000 x 3000 - oh,
> hell, not even that, as there really was no detail to work with. Maybe
> it's not a quantum leap beyond the CSI stuff.

Yeah, they do that on CSI--blurred image of a street scene shot with a
video surveillance camera and they enlarge and sharpen it to read a
license number off a car six blocks away.

That sad thing is that after seeing that people think that it's really
possible.

From: John McWilliams on
J. Clarke wrote:
> On 3/5/2010 2:56 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
>> J. Clarke wrote:
>>>
>>> You see that all the time on CSI and its various spinoffs and clones.
>>
>> Yes, and I have seen the same phenom there, but this was as if you took
>> a 200 x 300 image and gave it the resolution of a 2000 x 3000 - oh,
>> hell, not even that, as there really was no detail to work with. Maybe
>> it's not a quantum leap beyond the CSI stuff.
>
> Yeah, they do that on CSI--blurred image of a street scene shot with a
> video surveillance camera and they enlarge and sharpen it to read a
> license number off a car six blocks away.
>
> That sad thing is that after seeing that people think that it's really
> possible.

Yes, perhaps even some on this very group....

--
john mcwilliams

Coach: "Are you just ignorant, or merely apathetic?"
Player: "Coach, I don't know, and I don't care."