From: Bruce on
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 01:39:33 -0700, Tully Albrecht
<tully.albrecht(a)cox.net> wrote:

>I know this is a great heavy beast of a lens. I hefted one on another
>photographer's F5 and really couldn't believe the weight, but he raves
>about the pictures, and says he uses it for easily three-quarters of
>his photos, even though he owns three other pro-grade lenses and a
>dozen or so prosumer zooms and manual Nikkors combined.
>
>Anyone confirm or deny that this doorstop has great image quality?
>Who's using it for both film and digital?
>
>I've avoided buying any $1000+ glass so far, but if I have a patriotic
>duty to spend my "economic stimulus" check quickly..

I would strongly recommend that you consider the 24-70mm version which
is better suited to digital and has that very valuable extra coverage
at the 24mm end.

The 28-70mm is a very good lens on film but in my experience of owning
and using boith lenses, the 24-70mm is better for digital at all focal
lengths, with noticeably less CA.