From: RichA on
Definitely has an edge over the 4/3rds stuff when it comes to shallow
DOF. I've heard all the arguments from the 4/3rds shooters (I shoot
it) and APS still has an edge when it comes to this. These images
from the owner of the Samsung are much reduced in size, but tonality
looks nice.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34704476

From: Bruce on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:46:11 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
>Definitely has an edge over the 4/3rds stuff when it comes to shallow
>DOF. I've heard all the arguments from the 4/3rds shooters (I shoot
>it) and APS still has an edge when it comes to this. These images
>from the owner of the Samsung are much reduced in size, but tonality
>looks nice.
>
>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34704476

I don'y believe any useful conclusions can be drawn about the camera
or lens on the basis of those snapshots.

From: Rich on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:46:11 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>Definitely has an edge over the 4/3rds stuff when it comes to shallow
>>DOF. I've heard all the arguments from the 4/3rds shooters (I shoot
>>it) and APS still has an edge when it comes to this. These images
>>from the owner of the Samsung are much reduced in size, but tonality
>>looks nice.
>>
>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34704476
>

> I don'y believe any useful conclusions can be drawn about the camera
> or lens on the basis of those snapshots.

How about colour?

From: Bruce on
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:32:03 -0600, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:46:11 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>Definitely has an edge over the 4/3rds stuff when it comes to shallow
>>>DOF. I've heard all the arguments from the 4/3rds shooters (I shoot
>>>it) and APS still has an edge when it comes to this. These images
>>>from the owner of the Samsung are much reduced in size, but tonality
>>>looks nice.
>>>
>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34704476
>>

>> I don'y believe any useful conclusions can be drawn about the camera
>> or lens on the basis of those snapshots.
>
>How about colour?

Tell us your conclusion, Professor.

Should be fascinating.