From: Jonathan ;o} on
OK, purely because it's a bit slow in here today...

Which would you choose between these for quality of build, rock solid
reliability, sound reproduction and value for money, and why?...

Behringer PMH 880s
Yamaha EMX 88s

And what alternatives are there in the price range?

Ta,

Jonathan ;o}

From: Tony on

"Jonathan ;o}" <jon(a)NOSPAMjonsmusic.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK, purely because it's a bit slow in here today...
>
> Which would you choose between these for quality of build, rock solid
> reliability, sound reproduction and value for money, and why?...
>
> Behringer PMH 880s
> Yamaha EMX 88s
>
> And what alternatives are there in the price range?

Hi Jonathan,

I'm in the market for a couple of "bricks" to add to the hire inventory.
Regarding alternatives;
The Soundtech units have captured my attention and am looking forward to
hearing them.
Particularly the PMX10SD. 2 x 450w stereo plus 1 x 200w foldback (4 ohms),
and a 5 year warranty
http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10SD-i131754.music
They have a lower powered 3 x 200w version as well which sits with the
PMH880s pricewise.
http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10-i106378.music

Wharfedale also have some alternatives, but I'm liking that extra amp
channel and warranty period of the Soundtechs.
http://www.wharfedalepro.com/frames/mixer_bx.html
I currently have a pair of Wharfedale PM600's that go out on smaller
corporate presentation duties, but they're not much good for anything else.

Cheers,

From: Jonathan ;o} on

"Tony" <1357911(a)gronk.com> wrote in message

> "Jonathan ;o}" <jon(a)NOSPAMjonsmusic.co.uk> wrote in message
>> OK, purely because it's a bit slow in here today...
>>
>> Which would you choose between these for quality of build, rock solid
>> reliability, sound reproduction and value for money, and why?...
>>
>> Behringer PMH 880s
>> Yamaha EMX 88s
>>
>> And what alternatives are there in the price range?
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I'm in the market for a couple of "bricks" to add to the hire inventory.
> Regarding alternatives;
> The Soundtech units have captured my attention and am looking forward to
> hearing them.
> Particularly the PMX10SD. 2 x 450w stereo plus 1 x 200w foldback (4 ohms),
> and a 5 year warranty
> http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10SD-i131754.music
> They have a lower powered 3 x 200w version as well which sits with the
> PMH880s pricewise.
> http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10-i106378.music
>
> Wharfedale also have some alternatives, but I'm liking that extra amp
> channel and warranty period of the Soundtechs.
> http://www.wharfedalepro.com/frames/mixer_bx.html
> I currently have a pair of Wharfedale PM600's that go out on smaller
> corporate presentation duties, but they're not much good for anything else.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for responding. The above are interesting - I also have no idea how they
sound but I'd like to find out. Couldn't get much on Soundtech in the UK, maybe
they're not available. The amp I currently use and want to retire has the
onboard monitor amp and it's just too useful. I don't really want to carry more
gear in the car but I realise I may have no choice.

I'm also wondering about the Yamaha EMX 512 sc which can be quite cheap in the
right placces. I haven't heard a lot in favour of the Yamaha bricks but I
haven't heard much against them either.

Jonathan ;o}

From: Kevin T on

Tony wrote:
> "Jonathan ;o}" <jon(a)NOSPAMjonsmusic.co.uk> wrote in message
> > OK, purely because it's a bit slow in here today...
> >
> > Which would you choose between these for quality of build, rock solid
> > reliability, sound reproduction and value for money, and why?...
> >
> > Behringer PMH 880s
> > Yamaha EMX 88s
> >
> > And what alternatives are there in the price range?
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I'm in the market for a couple of "bricks" to add to the hire inventory.
> Regarding alternatives;
> The Soundtech units have captured my attention and am looking forward to
> hearing them.
> Particularly the PMX10SD. 2 x 450w stereo plus 1 x 200w foldback (4 ohms),
> and a 5 year warranty
> http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10SD-i131754.music
> They have a lower powered 3 x 200w version as well which sits with the
> PMH880s pricewise.
> http://www.music123.com/SoundTech-PMX10-i106378.music
>
> Wharfedale also have some alternatives, but I'm liking that extra amp
> channel and warranty period of the Soundtechs.
> http://www.wharfedalepro.com/frames/mixer_bx.html
> I currently have a pair of Wharfedale PM600's that go out on smaller
> corporate presentation duties, but they're not much good for anything else.
>
> Cheers,

That Yamaha series is not a great performer ( wimpy PS) but is pretty
bullitproof. I've heard very mixed reviews on the "B" heads
(reliability wise) Around here NW NJ lots o Mackie / Peavey Yorkville
powered mixers get good reviews Personally love my Soundcraft Spirit
Powerstation but thats on the high end $ wise.

Kevin T