From: George Gleason on
Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to "the brown
note"
it looked like fun but as for soiling ones shorts from low freq sound,at
least with a healthy person
just isn't going to happen
george

From: Rv! on

"George Gleason" <tbmoas5>
>Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to "the brown note"

Nice speaker stack though! I want some of that for my AV room...

Rv!

From: Mike Miller on

"George Gleason" <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to "the
> brown note"
> it looked like fun but as for soiling ones shorts from low freq sound,at
> least with a healthy person
> just isn't going to happen

It did make for an amusing epsiode of "South Park" though...

Mike

From: Mark & Mary Ann Weiss on

"George Gleason" <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to "the
brown
> note"
> it looked like fun but as for soiling ones shorts from low freq sound,at
> least with a healthy person
> just isn't going to happen
> george

I highly doubt the 20 Hz component of that test was above 124dB with that
gear. Conventional drivers like that have more distortion than fundamental
output when driven below Fc.

For some real output below 20Hz, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rJSZKZsyQ

--

Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION ? FILM SCANNING ? DVD MASTERING ? AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 15,000 Watts of Driving Stereo!
Business sites at:
www.primericabusinessopportunity.com
www.mwcomms.com
www.adventuresinanimemusic.com
-

From: George Gleason on

"Mark & Mary Ann Weiss" <mweissX294(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "George Gleason" <tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>> Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to "the
> brown
>> note"
>> it looked like fun but as for soiling ones shorts from low freq sound,at
>> least with a healthy person
>> just isn't going to happen
>> george
>>

> I highly doubt the 20 Hz component of that test was above 124dB with that
> gear. Conventional drivers like that have more distortion than fundamental
> output when driven below Fc.
>
> For some real output below 20Hz, check this out:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rJSZKZsyQ

the test was done to simulate something a club goer would encounter
they had 150 some dB at 20 and like 120 something at 8 or 9 cycles
I don't remember the exact details as that was mot\re than a month ago and I
didn't take notes in case this came up again
I am sure it will be repeated as TV often does,you can see it then
George

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Mixer amp choice