From: Chad Wahls on

"Chad Wahls" <cwahls(a)uiuc.edu> wrote in message

> "Mark & Mary Ann Weiss" <mweissX294(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> Nuke plant as in power generation? I woud think that nuke would be
>>> rather
>>> quiet. The one I used to be around was VERY quiet.
>>
>> Perhaps because of noise cancellation technology?
>>

> Doubt it. In the early 80's the nuke plant in my area was still darn
> quiet... Long before DSP based noise cancellation. In fact I talk to a
> cat that works there every day on the commute to and from work.. I'll ask
> him.
>
> Chad

Talked to the cat last night...... No active noise cancellation.

Chad

From: Rodney on

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss wrote:
snip
> These guys were just playing around, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who's
> been to Redstone Arsenal in Alabama to see the testing of the Saturn V
> rocket engine knows what infrasound is. The rest are just guessing.

Just curious, where are you located in relation to Redstone?

Rodney

From: Mark & Mary Ann Weiss on

"Rodney" <whatagy(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> Mark & Mary Ann Weiss wrote:
> snip
> > These guys were just playing around, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone
who's
> > been to Redstone Arsenal in Alabama to see the testing of the Saturn V
> > rocket engine knows what infrasound is. The rest are just guessing.
>
> Just curious, where are you located in relation to Redstone?
>
> Rodney

Far north. New England. A defense contractor shipped me down there to do
some evaluation. That was a few decades ago.

From: Peter Larsen on
George Gleason wrote:

> Well even 154 dB at 20 cycles could not induce anything close to
> "the brown note" it looked like fun but as for soiling ones shorts
> from low freq sound,at least with a healthy person just isn't going
> to happen

Those guys do not always get things right.

I have tried standing inside a church organ on a tour of it with the
operator of said contraption hit a chord involving also pedal notes. Not
an instant emergency , but certainly something that should not be unduly
postponed, kinda metformin style.

They btw. also got bridge-damage by troups wrong, it is much more likely
to be about the repeated shockwave rattling a stonebridge apart than
about resonance, a non mortared stonebridge is not likely to exhibit
that anyway and those were the standard bridges the romans built.

> george

Peter Larsen
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6