From: Bruce G on
Unhappy with my first Mackie purchase. Bought two SR1532z active speakers
new and both tested ok at band practice. The night before I was to use them
in public one goes dead. No lights, no sound. Fuses checked ok. I than
had to rent equipment for that gig! Got it to my local authorized Mackie
repair guy and its been there 10 weeks! He says he's waiting on "a board"
from Mackie. Never again.

From: Phildo on

"Bruce G" <luxinterior(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Unhappy with my first Mackie purchase. Bought two SR1532z active speakers
> new and both tested ok at band practice. The night before I was to use
> them in public one goes dead. No lights, no sound. Fuses checked ok. I
> than had to rent equipment for that gig! Got it to my local authorized
> Mackie repair guy and its been there 10 weeks! He says he's waiting on
> "a board" from Mackie. Never again.

Band on one of the ships I worked on had a mackie active system. One of the
subs kept blowing drivers. Mackie customer service was excellent in that
they managed to get parts to people in time for them to bring them with them
when they flew out to the ship but they never actually fixed the problem,
just kept sending the same replacement parts. Band gave up in the end and
waited till they got back to the UK to try and get it fixed. AFAIK they
ended up dumping it and buying a system that worked.

Phildo