From: gracey on

Heve you tried Fring? I have a Onesuite VoIP service and it is SIP based
and I can set it up on my Windows Mobile phone using Fring. Skype also
runs on Fring although I think Fring already remove it because Skype
threaten Fring. But on some Windows Mboile phones, Skype is already
installed.

So basically, WinMo phones can use Fring and you can set it up to any
SIP based VoIP service like what I did with my Onesuite VoIP.

--
gracey

Message origin: TRAVEL.com

From: Theo Markettos on
gracey <gracey.4eltew(a)no-mx.forums.travel.com> wrote:
> Heve you tried Fring? I have a Onesuite VoIP service and it is SIP based
> and I can set it up on my Windows Mobile phone using Fring. Skype also
> runs on Fring although I think Fring already remove it because Skype
> threaten Fring. But on some Windows Mboile phones, Skype is already
> installed.

Yes, Fring is what I ended up using. It worked out the cheapest option
because it was only taking 2KB/s each way, while other solutions like
Nimbuzz were taking considerably more.

It wasn't helped by the fact that the best data tariff I could find was 25c
per 0.25MB, which meant that any data connection at all eats 25c. So if it
drops (and it does) it costs you another 25c each time. Plus Fring seems to
like connecting randomly when it isn't told to.

Fring on the N70 (S60 v2) is poor, and crashes lots (and regularly crashes
the phone). But that's all I had available, so that's what I had to stick
with. Fring isn't started unless necessary, and the phone is restarted
straight after. That means it's not a lot of use for incoming calls.

In answer to the other old question, nope there's no eBay. There's no post,
so eBay isn't an option. The only way to get things in and out of the
country is sending them with a passenger on a plane, or DHL at 50 quid a
package.

I might try Fring on a more modern phone and see what happens...

Theo