From: Rob on
Can an ADSL1 modem be used for a ADSL2 service ???

Whats the difference??

Thanks

From: annily on
Rob wrote:
> Can an ADSL1 modem be used for a ADSL2 service ???
>

> Whats the difference??
>
> Thanks

I think most ADSL2 services are configured so that they can fall back to
ADSL1, so you should be able to use an ADSL1 modem (at appropriate
speeds of course, which may not be as fast as the ADSL2 speeds you could
get).

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Fred on
Rob wrote:
> Can an ADSL1 modem be used for a ADSL2 service ???

That would depend on the modem. Some really old modems probably no.

> Whats the difference??

The chipset used and firmware written for the chipset.

Look at this database for features supported for most popular modems.
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/hardware/

From: Rob on
annily wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> Can an ADSL1 modem be used for a ADSL2 service ???
>>

>> Whats the difference??
>>
>> Thanks

> I think most ADSL2 services are configured so that they can fall back to
> ADSL1, so you should be able to use an ADSL1 modem (at appropriate
> speeds of course, which may not be as fast as the ADSL2 speeds you could
> get).

thanks

most around this way only get 2000 on ADSL2 so that shouldn't make
much difference over adsl 1 on 1500.

From: Rob on
Fred wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> Can an ADSL1 modem be used for a ADSL2 service ???
>
> That would depend on the modem. Some really old modems probably no.
>

>> Whats the difference??
>
> The chipset used and firmware written for the chipset.
>
> Look at this database for features supported for most popular modems.
> http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/hardware/
>
>> Thanks

that makes it easier

thanks.