From: Karl E. Peterson on
A.R. wrote:
> So I have the new one on top of the old. But the original is gone.
>
> Is there any way I can recover the original.

From the backup...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Lucy Thomson on
Hey Karl

Right click the file and select "Restore previous versions" - it's only
available in some versions of Vista, I don't know about Win 7.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Hi Lucy!

> Right click the file and select "Restore previous versions" - it's only
> available in some versions of Vista, I don't know about Win 7.

Wow, I had no idea. Found more info here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Previous-versions-of-files-frequently-asked-questions

Cool. :-)

Thanks... Karl

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Lucy Thomson on
Neat isn't it? :-)

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
It's neater than you think Lucy!
Even the versions of Vista (all Windows 7 versions do) that "Don't" support
this actually do store the shadow images needed but microsoft don't supply
an interface to read them.

To a cunning coder though ....

Hopefully see you at "PPTLive" (assuming April 1st is a yes)
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials