From: ctc on
I am trying to create a custom view which filters my Outlook 2007 contacts by
specific categories.

I would like my custom view to show all contacts which include a category of
Attorney, but exclude all contacts which include the categories of MIA, or
KIA, or Client, or Craig's Friends, or Craig's Relatives.

To do this I have used the Advanced tab to enter the above criteria into the
views filter:

("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" LIKE '%Attorney%' OR
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'MIA' OR
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'KIA' OR
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Client' OR
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Craig''s Friends' OR
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Craig''s Relatives')

This filter returns all contacts which do not include Attorney as a
category, which does not produce the desired results.

How can I use the SQL tab to customize my filter to obtain the desired
results?

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

Use the AND operator instead of OR. However, if one contact is assigned to
both 'Attorney' and 'MIA', the filter will return it.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook