From: yaro137 on
I have a Hyundai L90D+ monitor that served me well for the last couple
of years till yesterday. It worked as the extended monitor in Dual
View recently and all was fine. Suddenly after starting the computer
yesterday there was no image on the monitor and the power LED which
normally is blue when the monitor is on now keeps blinking orange or
goes off completely for a second or so. Most of the time it stays blue
though. I have to press the power button a couple of times now to turn
it off. Any ideas?
yaro
From: DL on
time to replace the monitor

From: Paul on
yaro137 wrote:
> I have a Hyundai L90D+ monitor that served me well for the last couple
> of years till yesterday. It worked as the extended monitor in Dual
> View recently and all was fine. Suddenly after starting the computer
> yesterday there was no image on the monitor and the power LED which
> normally is blue when the monitor is on now keeps blinking orange or
> goes off completely for a second or so. Most of the time it stays blue
> though. I have to press the power button a couple of times now to turn
> it off. Any ideas?
> yaro

It could be a power issue. It looks like the power for the monitor
is provided by a power supply inside the monitor. And that means
at the very least, you'd need to open up the monitor to determine
the nature of the problem. And it is unlikely you'll find exact
replacement parts to replace it.

If the monitor had an external power source, like a 12V 3A adapter,
then you could test one of those. But when the power supply is inside
the monitor, such testing is more difficult.

Paul
From: yaro137 on
On 2 Mar, 01:26, Paul <nos...(a)needed.com> wrote:
> yaro137 wrote:
> > I have a Hyundai L90D+ monitor that served me well for the last couple
> > of years till yesterday. It worked as the extended monitor in Dual
> > View recently and all was fine. Suddenly after starting the computer
> > yesterday there was no image on the monitor and the power LED which
> > normally is blue when the monitor is on now keeps blinking orange or
> > goes off completely for a second or so. Most of the time it stays blue
> > though. I have to press the power button a couple of times now to turn
> > it off. Any ideas?
> > yaro
>
> It could be a power issue. It looks like the power for the monitor
> is provided by a power supply inside the monitor. And that means
> at the very least, you'd need to open up the monitor to determine
> the nature of the problem. And it is unlikely you'll find exact
> replacement parts to replace it.
>
> If the monitor had an external power source, like a 12V 3A adapter,
> then you could test one of those. But when the power supply is inside
> the monitor, such testing is more difficult.
>
>     Paul

I opened the monitor and can't find any burned elements. All
capacitors look good. Looks like a tough one to crack.
yaro
From: LeeG on
I had the same problem with an L50S. It was inrepairable.