From: mp on
I'm taking the elearning course 3357, Monitoring and debugging applications
in the microsoft .net framework 2.0

it says:

To debug an application, run the Microsoft CLR Debugger.

The Microsoft CLR Debugger is one of the applications that is installed when
you install Visual Studio 2005. It is part of the Visual Studio 2005
Software Development Kit (SDK).

since i'm using express version I don't see the sdk folder on my system that
the instructions claim to be there....

can anyone confirm the sdk is not available with the express version?

thanks

mark

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=47305cf4-2bea-43c0-91cd-1b853602dcc5&displaylang=en

Because you use SQL Express I assume you want the 2010 version the other
ones are also easy to download

From: mp on
Thanks Cor,
I didn't realize they were separate dls...duh! I should have searched
:-)
do you use the debugger listed? Is that the 'real' way to debug? I've
always just printed out my own debug log writing to a log file at various
points of interest in the program, so i can see what's going on at run time.
thanks
mark