From: RichA on
On Jul 30, 5:46 am, Paul Heslop <paul.hes...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> RichA wrote:
>
> > On Jul 29, 5:38 pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Or, why whining Canadians with an IQ of 70 shouldn't post about
> > > subjects they know less than nothing about.
>
> > Awwww did the pooor widdle fewow get his feewings hurt?  Your country
> > is getting increasing F------ up.
>
> your prejudices shine brightly
> --

So does your denial.

From: RichA on
On Jul 30, 11:41 am, Alan Dunlop-Walters <alanswo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/07/2010 21:44, RichA wrote:
>
> > Amateur Photographer:
>
> Careful there Bich, making suggestions and then going against them.
> What does that badge on your lapel say, can't quite see it from here.
> But I suppose, by your rules, it's OK for you to wear a badge as you
> come in at way under 70.

This posting tactic is about as childish a level as you could possibly
sink to. It's right up there with, "I know you are, but what am I?"
From: Andrew Brydon on
On 29/07/2010 21:44, RichA wrote:
> Amateur Photographer:
>
> An amateur photographer, who requires a carer, was stunned when
> security guards threatened to call anti-terror police over his photos
> of the Liverpool docks.
>
> Mike Evans said guards told him he was not allowed to use DSLRs
> outside the city's Echo Arena, but that if he used a compact camera or
> a mobile phone he was free to take pictures.
>
> Mike added: 'I then showed the lens cloth received free with your
> [Amateur Photographer] magazine� they told us that the rules on the
> cloth meant nothing to them.'
>
> The lens cloth spells out that photographers have a right to take
> pictures in a public place.
>
> A spokeswoman for the Liverpool Echo Arena told us: 'Apologies to the
> gentleman... We have no issues with amateur photographers taking non-
> commercial images of the exterior of the buildings.'
>
> However, she pointed out that the Echo Arena stands on private land
> and urged photographers to contact the venue before taking pictures of
> the buildings.

Returning to the OP's article: everyone was "right"? Seems to me that
the photographer was correct in arguing he had the right to take photos
on public land and the security were right to say the rules didn't
apply: it wasn't public land.

As usual it was a communication issue: the security should have employed
tact instead of brute force, and explained he wasn't in a public place
but on private land. And, therefore, needed to check / get permission
before random photography. A lesson for us all?

--
Andrew Brydon
Life is just the beta-version of death
From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jul 30, 11:41�am, Alan Dunlop-Walters <alanswo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29/07/2010 21:44, RichA wrote:
>>
>> > Amateur Photographer:
>>
>> Careful there Bich, making suggestions and then going against them.
>> What does that badge on your lapel say, can't quite see it from here.
>> But I suppose, by your rules, it's OK for you to wear a badge as you
>> come in at way under 70.
>
>This posting tactic is about as childish a level as you could possibly
>sink to.

I dunno. Your racist screeds are generally a lot worse.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net