From: RichA on
Amateur Photographer:

An amateur photographer, who requires a carer, was stunned when
security guards threatened to call anti-terror police over his photos
of the Liverpool docks.

Mike Evans said guards told him he was not allowed to use DSLRs
outside the city's Echo Arena, but that if he used a compact camera or
a mobile phone he was free to take pictures.

Mike, who branded the behaviour of the guards 'senseless', took up
photography in 2008, a year after being diagnosed with cancer.

He told us: 'After chemotherapy I was then diagnosed with severe
osteoporosis in my spine.

'Unfortunately this has left me requiring the use of a wheelchair and
walking sticks and I have a carer to assist me.'

Mike, from Runcorn in Cheshire, said he had wanted to visit Liverpool
after hearing the city had undergone major redevelopment as part its
Capital of Culture status.

He had been with his carer - his brother - on a footpath next to a bus
stop at the side of the arena building, which is located at Kings
Dock.

But it was when the pair turned their DSLRs on the Mersey estuary that
the problems began.

'We were approached from behind by two security guards from the arena,
which was behind us.

'The guards proceeded to inform us not to take any pictures of the
arena and that, if we ignored this request, they would ring the anti-
terrorism police.'

Mike added: 'I then showed the lens cloth received free with your
[Amateur Photographer] magazine… they told us that the rules on the
cloth meant nothing to them.'

The lens cloth spells out that photographers have a right to take
pictures in a public place.

Mike had been using an Olympus E-420, while his brother was trying to
take pictures using a Canon EOS 450D during the confrontation on 15
July.

Mike insisted they had not taken any pictures of the arena itself.

A spokeswoman for the Liverpool Echo Arena told us: 'Apologies to the
gentleman... We have no issues with amateur photographers taking non-
commercial images of the exterior of the buildings.'

However, she pointed out that the Echo Arena stands on private land
and urged photographers to contact the venue before taking pictures of
the buildings.

'We reserve the right to approach anyone and ask them questions about
what they are doing,' she added.

The Echo Arena can be contacted on 0151 475 8888.
From: RichA on
On Jul 29, 5:38 pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:44:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >why people with IQ's of 70  shouldn't carry badges
>
> Or, why whining Canadians with an IQ of 70 shouldn't post about
> subjects they know less than nothing about.

Awwww did the pooor widdle fewow get his feewings hurt? Your country
is getting increasing F------ up.
From: Paul Heslop on
RichA wrote:

> On Jul 29, 5:38 pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:44:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >why people with IQ's of 70 shouldn't carry badges
> >
> > Or, why whining Canadians with an IQ of 70 shouldn't post about
> > subjects they know less than nothing about.
>
> Awwww did the pooor widdle fewow get his feewings hurt? Your country
> is getting increasing F------ up.

your prejudices shine brightly
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: DanP on
On Jul 30, 2:20 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org>
wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:40:56 +0100, "RustY ©" <No.M...(a)All.Thanks> wrote:
> >That's interesting, my dslr outfit weighs a ton so I would like to know what
> >to replace it with.  Can you recommend something to replace my Canon and
> >300/2.8 that is more up to date and lighter ?
>
> Simple. Research

He cannot.

DanP
From: Alan Dunlop-Walters on
On 29/07/2010 21:44, RichA wrote:
> Amateur Photographer:

Careful there Bich, making suggestions and then going against them.
What does that badge on your lapel say, can't quite see it from here.
But I suppose, by your rules, it's OK for you to wear a badge as you
come in at way under 70.

You must teach me how to copy and paste some day; seems to be your one
and only skill.