From: Jacob Skaria on
and this behaviour is not only with Excel 2007...but also with the previous
versions.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Kevryl on
Thanks folks, I shoulda twigged to that sooner. It means there's not too many
range names (and macros) I'll need to change if I save as 2007 files. Heaps
of range names but very few that could be a cell address.

"Kevryl" wrote:

> OK, so I started the experiment and soon got pulled up. I'm saving my .xls
> file as a binary .xlsb, and the darned thing wants to put an underscore in
> front of range names. I dunno if it applies to all, but the first one not
> acceptable was Bal001. Aah yes, would this be because Bal001 is now an actual
> cell within the new Excel 2007 spreadsheet size?
>
> I've got a feeling that's probably the case. If so are there any other new
> restrictions on range names since Excel 2000?
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Chart Help
Next: Deleting invisible range names - how?