From: Denis McMahon on
Mouse axes have flipped so I have to hold the mouse at 90 degrees to normal.

Tried using the following in the mouse inputdevice stanza of
/etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Option "FlipXY" 1

Also tried

Option "FlipXY" "true"

Neither of these worked.

Yes, I restarted gdm after changing xorg.conf with:

/etc/init.d/gdm restart

Any ideas?

Rgds

Denis McMahon
From: Jim A on
Denis McMahon wrote:
> Mouse axes have flipped so I have to hold the mouse at 90 degrees to
> normal.
>
> Tried using the following in the mouse inputdevice stanza of
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
> Option "FlipXY" 1
>
> Also tried
>
> Option "FlipXY" "true"
>
> Neither of these worked.
>
> Yes, I restarted gdm after changing xorg.conf with:
>
> /etc/init.d/gdm restart
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Rgds
>
> Denis McMahon

Try a different mouse.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
From: Denis McMahon on
Jim A wrote:

>> Mouse axes have flipped so I have to hold the mouse at 90 degrees to
>> normal.

> Try a different mouse.

Yeah, that seems to have fixed it, but I'd like to solve the problem.

As far as I can tell, nothing changed overnight, however:

I've had an intermittent boot failure on it, so this morning I powered
off the PSU completely.

When I started it up again, there was a CMOS checksum error, so I went
into CMOS, loaded optimised defaults, removed the FDD, save and exit.

Powered off the PSU completely again.

When it came back up, that was when the mouse was confused.

(Hot) Plugged another mouse in (ball mouse, rather than optical) to the
ps/2 mouse port and it's fine.

Which seems really weird.

Even weirder, I just hot-swapped the original (optical) mouse back in
and it seems OK now.

Another weird glitch.

Rgds

Denis McMahon