From: Dahzee on

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I am new to Outlook
and I am struggling a bit.

I have my own email address at my new company but they also want me to
receive email requests via their website form.

The emailed forms come in to an account called helpus@... and are then
forwarded on to all employees.

These emails are more important to our sales force than myself so I
have tried to set up a separate folder to send all these emails
addressed to helpus to.

I don't understand rules very well and it only seems to half work.

What do I need to tell Outlook so it sends all the messages that were
originally sent to helpus without sending all my mail there as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dahzee

I am using Outlook 2007

--
Dahzee
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dahzee" <Dahzee.49efah(a)invalid> wrote in message

> The emailed forms come in to an account called helpus@... and are then
> forwarded on to all employees.

Are the messages actually forwarded? That changes where the "helpus@" address
may appear, which is the differentiator I'd use in a rule. Do the messages
appear to come from the "helpus" account or do they appear to be addressed to
that account (or neither)?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Dahzee on

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook Wrote:
> ;139667']"Dahzee" <Dahzee.49efah(a)invalid> wrote in message
>
> > The emailed forms come in to an account called helpus@... and are
> then
> > forwarded on to all employees.
>
> Are the messages actually forwarded? That changes where the "helpus@"
> address
> may appear, which is the differentiator I'd use in a rule. Do the
> messages
> appear to come from the "helpus" account or do they appear to be
> addressed to
> that account (or neither)?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,

All I can tell you is, In the To: section it is addressed to
helpus@...

My email which is david@... doesn't appear in the To: section

I don't actually have this as an account on my PC so I can only assume
that somewhere the helpus@.... account has me as one of the forwarding
addresses.

Not sure if this is any help.

Many Thanks

Dahzee

--
Dahzee
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dahzee" <Dahzee.49ev10(a)invalid> wrote in message

> All I can tell you is, In the To: section it is addressed to
> helpus@...
>
> My email which is david@... doesn't appear in the To: section
>
> I don't actually have this as an account on my PC so I can only assume
> that somewhere the helpus@.... account has me as one of the forwarding
> addresses.

OK. Then I think the following rule should work.

Apply thie rule after the message arrives
with helpus in the recipient's address
move it to the HelpUs folder
and stop processing more rules
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Dahzee on

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook Wrote:
> ;139700']"Dahzee" <Dahzee.49ev10(a)invalid> wrote in message
>
> > All I can tell you is, In the To: section it is addressed to
> > helpus@...
> >
> > My email which is david@... doesn't appear in the To: section
> >
> > I don't actually have this as an account on my PC so I can only
> assume
> > that somewhere the helpus@.... account has me as one of the
> forwarding
> > addresses.
>
> OK. Then I think the following rule should work.
>
> Apply thie rule after the message arrives
> with helpus in the recipient's address
> move it to the HelpUs folder
> and stop processing more rules
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,

Thanks very much I will give it a try and let you know.

Many Thanks

Dahzee

--
Dahzee