From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:i130l5$hqn$2(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot
> kitekrazy <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> My wife fried the front panel controls on our 300 disk Pioneer CD
> >> changer, by sparking on it while just trying to hit play. That
> unit >> now only works via the remote control. It happened in the
> middle of >> Winter when static build up is high though, and I
> wouldn't expect you >> could generate much if any static electricity
> in the middle of >> Summer, even if you tried.
> > >

> > Well I am moving to where the humidity is maybe 4% at the most.
>
> Well the acid test is to scruff your shoes on the carpet a bit and
> then touch a screw on a light switch. If that don't spark, you got
> nothing to worry about.

Then crumpled paper is your best bet. I would NEVER waste my money on
those synthetic, rip-off, shipping materials. When the corporation you
work for uses it - that's their stupid problem. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:xn0gwczyxdt66n1002bengoldman(a)news.nw.centurytel.net the
> killer robot "Benjamin Goldman" <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net>
> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed
> these buttons...
>
> > You don't have as many free ions floating around in summer - true.
>
> I have a few eons though!

Neons look cool in black light. :-P

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:xn0gwegf1155m7000bengoldman(a)news.nw.centurytel.net the killer
> robot "Benjamin Goldman" <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net> grabbed
> the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
> buttons...

> true. >>
> >> I have a few eons though!
> >
> > Neons look cool in black light. :-P
>
> I sold my black Neon, eons ago!!!

You finally saw the light and got rid of it? :-p

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:xn0gwge6c1phh0k001bengoldman(a)news.nw.centurytel.net the
> killer robot "Benjamin Goldman" <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net>
> grabbed the controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed
> these buttons...

> >> true. >>

> >> I sold my black Neon, eons ago!!!
> >
> > You finally saw the light and got rid of it? :-p
>
> The lights still work, but half the electronic dash went out in it,
> so there's no gas guage or speedometer. The guy that bought it from
> me to use as a lake car put a GPS system in it so he could tell how
> fast he was driving. American made cars. Built to las^H^H^H fall
> apart!

Unless it's a Ford; built tough.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Sue Morton on
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=how+to+ground+yourself+and+prevent+esd
--
Sue Morton

"kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message
> On 7/6/2010 10:16 PM, Sue Morton wrote:
>> Ground yourself well before and when packing; do the same before and
>> when unpacking.
>>

> How do I do that?
>
>> That's all I've ever done and not had a failure yet. YMMV of
>> course...

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Cox dropped newsgroups