From: kitekrazy on
I don't have the boxes for these anymore. What I'm worried about is
static electricity and removing it when they get unpacked and booted up.

I don't have any anti static material and time is short to remedy that.

Any advice for packing, unpacking, ect.
From: Sue Morton on
Ground yourself well before and when packing; do the same before and
when unpacking.

That's all I've ever done and not had a failure yet. YMMV of course...
--
Sue Morton

From: kitekrazy on
On 7/6/2010 10:16 PM, Sue Morton wrote:
> Ground yourself well before and when packing; do the same before and
> when unpacking.

How do I do that?

From: Benjamin Goldman on
kitekrazy wrote:

> I don't have the boxes for these anymore. What I'm worried about is
> static electricity and removing it when they get unpacked and booted
> up.
>
> I don't have any anti static material and time is short to remedy
> that.
>
> Any advice for packing, unpacking, ect.

Buy boxes from U-Haul center. Use newspaper for packing. Take each
separate page and crumble. Works GREAT!

I've moved more times than I can remember - military.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: kitekrazy on
On 7/7/2010 7:48 AM, Benjamin Goldman wrote:
> kitekrazy wrote:
>
>> I don't have the boxes for these anymore. What I'm worried about is
>> static electricity and removing it when they get unpacked and booted
>> up.
>>
>> I don't have any anti static material and time is short to remedy
>> that.
>>
>> Any advice for packing, unpacking, ect.
>
> Buy boxes from U-Haul center. Use newspaper for packing. Take each
> separate page and crumble. Works GREAT!
>
> I've moved more times than I can remember - military.

I got boxes and material from the local computer guy. Boxes from tech
manufacturers are excellent. I was hoping he would have sold a mid tower
case so I can put one of my DAWs in that.

I've got bubble wrap and Styrofoam.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Cox dropped newsgroups