From: Dennis Rose on
Your code didn't work until I commented out the "PortOpen = false" command.
Then it still didn't work for subsequent calls.

What should I try next?

From: Jim Mack on
Dennis Rose wrote:
> Your code didn't work until I commented out the "PortOpen = false"
> command. Then it still didn't work for subsequent calls.
>
> What should I try next?

If you're using the port repeatedly, why close it at all? Open the
port when your program loads, close when it unloads.

In between, ATH (or ATZ if necessary), with a delay, before you dial.

From: Dennis Rose on
How do I send a Hang Up command?

From: Dennis Rose on
Dear Jim,

You're the MAN!!!! I moved the portopen = true command to the first of my
program and used the code below to call the Phone Num:

MSComm1.Output = "ATH" & vbCr
DoEvents ' and possibly a short delay
MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-333-333-3333;" & vbCr
DoEvents ' and possibly a short delay

Works like a champ!!!

"Jim Mack" wrote:

> Dennis Rose wrote:
> > Your code didn't work until I commented out the "PortOpen = false"
> > command. Then it still didn't work for subsequent calls.
> >
> > What should I try next?
>
> If you're using the port repeatedly, why close it at all? Open the
> port when your program loads, close when it unloads.
>
> In between, ATH (or ATZ if necessary), with a delay, before you dial.
>
> --
> Jim Mack
> Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc
> "We sew confusion"