From: Dennis Rose on
Using VB5, I want to dial a phone number each time a new file arrives on my
computer. I can dial the desired number just fine the first time this code
is executed, but when this code is excuted again, the phone is "NOT" dialed.

What am I doing wrong? I checked Google but didn't see a similar problem.
Note: I could only get this to work if I commented out the "PortClose"
command.

Private Sub CallSalesperson()
MSComm1.CommPort = 3
MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"

MSComm1.PortOpen = True
MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-555-555-5555;" & vbCr

'MSComm1.PortOpen = False
End Sub

Need help!!
From: DanS on
=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlzIFJvc2U=?=
<DennisRose(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Using VB5, I want to dial a phone number each time a new
> file arrives on my computer. I can dial the desired number
> just fine the first time this code is executed, but when
> this code is excuted again, the phone is "NOT" dialed.
>
> What am I doing wrong? I checked Google but didn't see a
> similar problem. Note: I could only get this to work if I
> commented out the "PortClose" command.
>
> Private Sub CallSalesperson()
> MSComm1.CommPort = 3
> MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
>
> MSComm1.PortOpen = True
> MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-555-555-5555;" & vbCr
>
> 'MSComm1.PortOpen = False
> End Sub
>
> Need help!!

Maybe it's expecting the hang up command to be sent before it
will dial again ? (Just a wild stab in the dark.)

From: Dennis Rose on
This program runs continuesly on a timer which fires and executes the code
above once each minute to look for a new file and call the phone number if
one is found.

From: Jim Mack on
Dennis Rose wrote:
> Using VB5, I want to dial a phone number each time a new file
> arrives on my computer. I can dial the desired number just fine
> the first time this code is executed, but when this code is excuted
> again, the phone is "NOT" dialed.
>
> What am I doing wrong? I checked Google but didn't see a similar
> problem. Note: I could only get this to work if I commented out the
> "PortClose" command.
>
> Private Sub CallSalesperson()
> MSComm1.CommPort = 3
> MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
>
> MSComm1.PortOpen = True
> MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-555-555-5555;" & vbCr
>
> 'MSComm1.PortOpen = False
> End Sub

Try resetting the modem (or hanging up) just before dialing

MSComm1.PortOpen = True
MSComm1.Output = "ATH" & vbCr
DoEvents ' and possibly a short delay
MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-555-555-5555;" & vbCr
DoEvents ' and possibly a short delay
MSComm1.PortOpen = False

--
Jim Mack
Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc
From: David Kaye on
<DennisRose(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> MSComm1.PortOpen = True
>> MSComm1.Output = "ATDT 1-555-555-5555;" & vbCr
>>
>> 'MSComm1.PortOpen = False
>> End Sub

ATH0 ?

 |  Next  |  Last